Saturday, January 7, 2012

2012 The Year to "Eat More Chicken"


'I have wondered at times about what the
Ten Commandments would have looked like if Moses
had run them through
the U.S. Congress.
-Ronald Reagan
Friends,
I was going to take a few more days off but how mercy I can't.  Lloyd Jennings keeps filling up my mailbox with stuff you need to know about!

I'm sure you are wondering what in the world my headline is about.  I am asking you, imploring you to "eat more chicken" in 2012.  Get up and take the family to Chick-Fil-A.  They are being targeted by progressive views because they believe in Jesus and they put their money where their heart is.  Here's the article from National Review Online Lloyd sent.

I can only print part of it due to copyright laws.   Start reading here and then follow the link!
Eat some chicken.  Let's blow Chick-Fil-A's profit so high they don't have enough banks to take the money to.  The article is kind of dated (from last year) and why we haven't seen it before befuddles me.  Just not enough time in the day, I guess! 

Read on...Sheila

A Christian Business in the Left’s Crosshairs
It’s Chick-fil-A vs. the New York Times.
By Michelle Malkin
Here’s a modest proposal for liberals who say they support job creation: Stop smearing successful, law-abiding private companies whose values don’t comport with yours. I’m looking at you, New York Times.

Chick-fil-A is an American success story. Founded by Georgian entrepreneur Truett Cathy in 1946, the family-owned chicken-sandwich chain is one of the country’s largest fast-food businesses. It employs some 50,000 workers across the country at 1,500 outlets in nearly 40 states and the District of Columbia. The company generates more than $2 billion in revenue and serves millions of happy customers with trademark Southern hospitality.

So, what’s the problem? Well, Chick-fil-A is run by devout Christians who believe in strong marriages, devoted families, and the highest standards of character for their workers. The restaurant chain’s official corporate mission is to “glorify God” and “enrich the lives of everyone we touch.” The company’s community-service initiatives, funded through its WinShape Foundation, support foster-care, scholarship, summer-camp, and marriage-enrichment programs. On Sunday, all Chick-fil-A stores close so workers can spend the day at worship and rest.

Read more....

2 comments:

Randall Lee Yow said...

FINALLY!!!

I have been waiting for a truly Christian chicken sandwich. I no longer have to eat at KFC with it's "Satanic" Colonel Sanders or Bojangles with it's clearly atheistic practices. I am so over joyed that you have given me this information. I hope in the future when I take communion we can use pickles instead of holy wafers. Yum, it's sacri-delicious. Absurd, yes, but no more absurd than letting the idea of a culture war trickle all the way down to fast food companies. By the way Mrs Barber I do not know who decided the New York Times spoke for everyone on the left, or that one opinion piece represented the entire newspaper. As all ways I shall remain is search,... of my free side of fries.

-Randall Lee Yow

Sheila said...

Ha ha Happy New Year Randall!!

Love the comments.

Sheila

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome as long as they are civil and on the topic.