Monday, February 13, 2012

So Close Yet So Far Away...

"Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. "
Thomas Paine, The American Crisis, No. 1, December 19, 1776

Do you ever feel like the title of this post?  You get so close to something but feel so dang far away!  Sunday Sugarbear had to go to Tenn.  As we come over the crest of that hill before you get to N Wilkesboro, there they were.  There in front of me were those majestic mountains.  And they were snow capped.  So freaking beautiful.  So close yet so far away. 

I often find myself, especially here lately, asking why doesn't the message stick?  Why don't people see how close we are to losing America?  Just take a stand.  Just take a stand folks and forget what people think of you.  Is anybody listening?  We are so close, but the idea of "common sense" prevailing seems so far away.

This past week has consumed me.  Shoot! Life has consumed me.  Work has been intense. 
And other stuff has taken my days and nights. Politics has turned dirty.  It always does.   I don't understand why we can't focus on the issues. Instead we focus on killing each other.  I'm not immune to biting the bait! Heck my freezer would be full if fish bit the bait I have lately!   It's all mixed up. 

There hasn't been alot of "me" time, lately.  And God?  He feels close but yet so far away.  And that's my fault.  I am the reason because I kept God close enough in my eyes when in reality I pushed Him far away.  It's hard to be truthful with yourself.  The following song has been in my head for the past two days.  And it just won't go away.  I wonder why...

I'll Lead You Home
(Michael W. Smith)

"Wandering the road of desperate life
Aimlessly beneath the barren sky
Leave it to me
I'll lead you home

So afraid that you will not be found
It won't be long before your sun goes down
Just leave it to me
I'll lead you home

Chorus:
Hear me calling
Hear me calling
Just leave it to me- I'll lead you home

A troubled mind and a doubter's heart
You wonder how you ever got this far
Leave it to me
I'll lead you home

Vultures of darkness ate the crumbs you left
You got no way to retrace your steps
Just leave it to me
I'll lead you home

Chorus2:
Hear me calling
Hear me calling
You're lost and alone
Leave it to me
I'll lead you home

So let it go and turn it over to
The one who chose to give his life for you
Leave it to me
I'll lead you home

Leave it to me
I'll lead you home

repeat chorus2"

Time to get close and quit pushing Him far away.

Sheila

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome as long as they are civil and on the topic.