Thursday, April 19, 2012

Grandchildren

From a lighter side of the conversation, I thought I would slip away to something that makes us all happier, our Grandchildren.

On April 13, 2012 at 10:00 pm, my third grandson was born, Zachary Ty Creech, weighing 8lb. 3 oz.  Boy is he beautiful.  I didn't get to see him until the next day and when I took that little innocent boy in my arms and he snuggled up to me and was sleeping, as they say, like a baby, my heart just melted.  I did not want to put him down.  I found myself wanting to take him home with me but I knew that was impossible.  I find myself looking at his picture so much during the day.  My husband told me he can't wait to take him hunting, as he did our son when he became of age. 

I understand now how my sis, Sheila felt when she laid her eyes on Kayne (Sugarbear) for the first time.  How the love just started flowing inside of her for that little innocent human being.  And, we as grandmothers, would do whatever it takes to protect these children and help to see that they don't go lacking for anything.

God has blessed us with a healthy grandson and now I pray for him because of the world he has been brought into.  Things are just so different for the children today.  I really can't phantom what the world will be like when he is grown.  I pray for his protection and I know when he grows up enough to understand what I am talking about, if I am still here on this earth, I will tell him about the Lord.  How if we all just trust in the Lord, give him all of our troubles, go to him for guidance and stand back, believe he has heard our prayers and he will answer them, we will be alright.

So to all you grandmothers, new and old, hold and love your children and grandkids every chance you get.  Love is a wonderful feeling especially for a little innocent child that God has brought into the world.

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome as long as they are civil and on the topic.