Thursday, July 26, 2012

Boston Mayor Having Second Thoughts!

Every time I use to hear this Dave Loggins song, I had to stop and sing along:

"Please come to Boston for the spring time.
I'm stayin' here with some friends
And they've got lots of room.
You can sell your paintings on the sidewalk
By a cafe where I hope to be workin' soon.
Please come to Boston.
She said, "No.
Would you come home to me?"


It made me long to go see Fenway Park and other places I had heard about all my life.  My mama told me about the time she lived and worked at a diner by Fenway.   Mama was "Fannie Mae" to alot of the patrons.  One story I remember all too well is how jealous one of her friends was of her.  And on the way home, a bunch of girls dumped mud all over her.  Boy was her grandma mad! Oh yes..I always wanted to visit Boston.  

Well forget that now! That mayor is an idiot.   Just the other day he stated there was no way Chick-Fil-A would open up a restaurant there.  How dare a private company stand by Christian beliefs and close on Sundays.  That's just not 2012 like!  

Well lordy be (as Mama would say)..he's done changed his mind.  Or else all of us who told him we wouldn't visit Boston did.  I tend to think the latter.  Those of you who have stood up to these bullies picking winners and losers...THANK YOU!  


Even the Boston Globe and the ladies on the View have scolded Menino.  The guy can't win for losing.  Read the article:

‘I Can’t Do That’: Boston Mayor Backs Down on Chick-fil-A Threat

Ever since he made his well-publicized threat not to allow the fast food chain Chick-fil-A to open a franchise, Boston Mayor Thomas Menino has found himself at the center of a controversy of some magnitude. Menino’s letter has become a viral wonder, racking up condemnation from free speech advocates at roughly the same clip that it gets applause from gay rights activists.
Boston Mayor Thomas Menino Walks Back Chick Fil A Threats After CriticismUnfortunately for Menino, in recent days, the tide has turned against him. The Boston Globe has published an editorial slamming him for ignoring the free speech rights of the owner of Chick-fil-A, and the ladies of The View have condemned the move on much the same grounds.

Read more: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/i-cant-do-that-boston-mayor-backs-down-on-chick-fil-a-threat/

Other articles on this:

Chicago Chick-fil-A Owner to Mayor: We Create Jobs

 http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/chicago-chick-fil-a-owner-to-mayor-eat-more-chicken.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome as long as they are civil and on the topic.