They flat out lied about the knowledge of an eminent attack. It's just been reported that two weeks earlier they put out a travel warning on Libya. I thought this was a spontaneous attack. Oh that's right...no it wasn't thanks to the many bloggers and ethical news outlets. Why don't we hear anything like this in our hometown paper? They get AP reports.
State Dept. Issued Libya Travel Warning Two Weeks Before Attack
Clinton, who personally signed off on the unarmed British security, and President Obama simply should not escape punishment for their incompetence! The buck stops with the President. No matter what. Just take a trip back in time to the Bush administration and what the media and Democrats attempted to do to him about the Iraq War. That freed 25 million from tyranny! There's no time for "double standard" when lives are at stake. Obama knew.
OBAMA ADMIN SENT UNARMED BRITISH FIRM TO PROTECT U.S. MISSION IN BENGHAZI
The State Department selected a private British firm to provide security at the American mission in Benghazi, Libya in part because it was willing to accept the "no bullets" rules of engagement signed by Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Breitbart News has learned.
On Thursday, McClatchy News reported that security on the external perimeter of the Benghazi mission was limited to a party of eight Libyan nationals, five of whom were hired by a British private security firm, three of whom were hold over revolutionary militia "now considered part of Libya's military":
The guard, who said he had been hired seven months ago by a British company to protect the compound, said the first explosion knocked him to the ground and he was unable to fire his weapon.
Four other contracted guards and three members of Libya's 17th of February Brigade, a group formed during the first days of the uprising against Moammar Gadhafi and now considered part of Libya's military, were protecting the perimeter of the compound.
One explanation for this guard's statement that he was unable to fire his weapon is simply that he had no bullets in his gun, which would be consistent with State Department Rules of Engagement for Libya.
It is unclear if the three Libyan militia members that comprised the rest of the eight-man perimeter security team were governed by the same rules of engagement as the five Libyan nationals provided by the British firm that holds the security contract at Benghazi.
The picture of who provided security inside the mission at Benghazi, how many were in this security team, and what arms, if any, they had in their posession is still unclear.
In her press briefing on Thursday, State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland said the American security presence inside the mission perimeter was "robust." However, she declined to reveal how large that presence was at the time of the attack, whether they were armed and authorized to carry ammunition, and whether they were provided as subcontractors by the British security firm hired to secure Benghazi or if they were independently hired by the State Department.
Sources tell Breitbart News that at the time of the the September 11, 2012 attack in which four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens, were murdered, there were only eight security guards for the perimeter and probably no more than four security guards for the interior of the Benghazi mission.
Under the State Department Rules of Engagement for Libya, Marines were prohibited from providing security at any U.S. diplomatic installations in Libya, including the embassy in Tripoli and the mission in Benghazi.