Sunday, November 4, 2012

It's Our Time


"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."
Mahatma Gandhi





Good day, friends.  What's brewing in your cup this morning?  I've got my staple, Eight O'clock Bean.  It's quiet in my house.  It's early.  For some reason, my body forgot to turn back an hour like my clocks did.  After all these years, you would think it would know how! 

Yesterday, I turned 50.  A "half a century".  At 19,  fifty sounded like 100 does to me now.   Had I continued living the way I was at 19, I would have never made it this far.  But I did.  And it has to be for a purpose.  I must give credit where credit is due.  My mama spent every waking day of her life praying protection over me.  Even in those days where her time on earth was winding down,  and even though she may have not known what she was praying, I was in her heart.  Goodness I have missed her since she passed away that Friday night in November 2008.  I could use my mama's reassurance right now that I'm on the right track. Even after all these years, mama's voice would be so comforting.

We can't blog fast enough here at FBC to keep you informed.  Our goal has been to show the hypocrisy that abounds everywhere, right down to our little county in this vast and wondrous country we live in.   As in:  From the good old boy LEED Brat Pac that excoriates the GOP candidates but yet refuse to openly show disgust for the Super's nasty remarks, to an ad that attacks Kirk Smith brought to your courtesy of  "Lee Issues Pac" (click to see who is behind it).  From the truth behind the Benghazi tragedy and the total breakdown of the Obama administration to the outright disgust of election officials trusted with one of our most sacred rights - Our Vote.   Every day there is an attempt by the left to disenfranchise law abiding citizens.  As I have said many times...Hypocrisy abounds.


And I never in my life would have imagined a candidate taking out an ad on what he deemed a "state champion  blogger".  Although blind to me at first, it was the best publicity I've NEVER paid for.  Yep.  It gained me readers and friends.  It even made news in Chicago. But it also gave me a new slogan for my business cards and lots to talk about. The arrogance of that candidate who thought he could shut up a citizen.  Thanks Ron!  I owe you a cup of coffee.  Let's chat after Tuesday. 

Neither would I have imagined the pure jealousy and hate espoused towards me by someone else in town in an early morning email that many of you received.  Sorry about that friends and frienemies.  One of the lessons mama taught me, and drilled into me, was to forgive, forgive, forgive.  Sometimes no matter how hard you try, it's useless in this human life to continue being cordial with some.  So to keep my heart from hardening anymore, I must resort to leaving him in God's hands.  That's the best place for him anyway.  Criticism is welcome.  Hate and lies are not.

Many of you know, this campaign season has taken its toil on me.  Therefore, its been very easy to fall into the traps set.  I really noticed when I had to submit a head shot for an article for work.  Endless hours blogging.  Meetings. RWL. Events.  Things cranking up at work.  All of it.  Dang.  What's more valuable? My life or an election?  Your life, your loved ones, or an election?  All to be exact.  They all matter.

Let me talk about work for a moment.  I have to be the luckiest girl on earth!  I get to work from home, stay in my PJs as long as I want, never deal with traffic, listen to Carmen and KC, Beck, Rush, Hannity all day long, fix problems, create solutions and I still get paid.  What a blessing!  And it's one I never want to lose.

However, things still take their toil.  One morning on my porch, I kept asking why, why and wanting answers to all the madness of political attacks (I'm not even running for office), the only answer I got back was Psalm 31.  So no matter what a wolf in sheep's clothing tries, it leads me right back to where I should have been in the first place...in God's Word.  No matter who you use Satan, God wins again and again.  Even when the devil's used me.

That being said, this election cycle, I created a page called Prayers where I've been posting a series called "40 Days to Save America Prayer".  And I hope you all have been visiting.  This morning's is so relevant:

Day 38

Teach us, Lord, to value our role as citizens. Awaken in the electorate a desire to know the true principles upon which this country was built, and draw us to Your vision for the restoration of our beloved country.
We ask for leaders and a citizenry who truly understand our accountability before You as the ultimate and sovereign Authority.

As our citizens go through the process of deciding how to vote, we ask Lord, that You guide our thoughts with Your desires for our nation. We ask You to grant our citizens the wisdom to discern truth from deception. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Prayer for Leaders
"The king's heart is in the hand of the Lord; He directs it like a watercourse wherever He pleases."  Proverbs 21:1


Some of you, no doubt,  think all this talk about our Founding Fathers, from us here at FBC and our GOP candidates, is just hogwash.  But those men, truly meant every word about our  Creator.  And they had experienced tyranny like no other.  Many lost their sacred honor, fortune, and lives defending this great country so you and I could experience a great life.  Many today do the same regardless of who is in the White House.

Take a few minutes and watch this video from David Barton of WallBuilders.  You'll be surprised where the first Megachurch was in America.  This will make our friends on the left revolt.  But you can't deny history.  No matter how hard you try.



No matter who you are.  No matter what you believe.  This is OUR country, our America. If we have been on our knees, if we have turned our hearts back to God, if we have rightfully acknowledged that our God is King, and not any man, that our God is sovereign, merciful, quick to forgive, and that our hope is Him...then America has a chance.  

Regardless of Tuesday's results, I'll wake up Wednesday knowing I live in the greatest country on Earth. 

This, my friends, is our time!
 Carpe diem! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome as long as they are civil and on the topic.