Friday, February 22, 2013

This Finite Journey called "Life"

 

Albert Einstein:  “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”  

Hello Friends.  Hope you have something warm, sweet, and comforting in  your cup today.  

I' m a bit mellow.  I found out a friend died of cancer.  No, not a close personal friend.  However, this was somebody who I could call up and ask any stupid question about a car that I had.  Someone who would jump in my vehicle and ride around to listen to that strange noise I was hearing.  Someone who I never saw frown...no matter where he was or how busy he was.  That person was Ron Fenton.  What is so shocking is I never knew this.  Apparently no one did. When I called Perry Bros yesterday, I almost asked for him.  But didn't.   

Ron led his life as if he was going to be here tomorrow all the while knowing he might not. It's hard to swallow how someone could do that.  But people do.  Everyday. 

Which leads me to this blog posting today.  We take our lives for granted too much.  I assume when I lay my head on my pillow at night that I'll be up tomorrow blogging, working, worrying about my grandson and kids, walking the dog, yada, yada, yada.  And I assume I'll be arguing with some know it all liberal who is blind as a bat.  And I assume I'll be here to attempt for another day to try and save my country.  



But when I hear news like I did Thursday, it just jerks me back to reality.  Who am I fooling?  Since I have no idea when my last day on earth will be, I better find out what matters.  And NOW!

So, what's really  important?  The "saving my country" sure is.  My family sure is.   My life is.

What's not important? All the overtime hours I put into working isn't.  The extra hours takes away from other activities, like spending time in my Bible and with my grandson...those activities will produce lasting memories and peace long after I'm too old to work!  Work will be there tomorrow when I log in.  It's about time I realize 8 hours is enough.

What else isn't?  All the differences and arguing back and forth between Democrats and Republicans isn't.  Neither party seems to care about any thing other than gaining power and wrecking our lives.  I do, however, refuse to stop making my case for liberty and freedom.  The list could go on and on.


Do you ever wonder what God thinks when we let our lives get out of order?   I do wish sometimes He would hit me on the head with a 2 x 4 to straighten me up.  Maybe insist that I just go outside and sit on front porch like I use to do and watch the birds play or just to get some fresh air.  After all, He does know the number of my days. 

My God also already knows all my needs and wants.  Just like He knows what a bluejay or a robin needs.  I don't know bird talk but I doubt when I hear birds sing, they are crying instead, "Will I find a worm?  Will I find a worm?  Oh God, please, let me find a worm!"  I choose to believe it's praise because the worm will be where it needs to be for that bluejay at the precise moment he needs it.   Why can't I see something this simple?
  
I told you earlier...the news of my friend's death jerked me back to reality.  Made me think about what is and what isn't important in my life.   Whether I keep this perspective is another story.  Life happens.  But for now, it's time to appreciate this finite journey called lifeWhy don't you do the same?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome as long as they are civil and on the topic.