Tuesday, July 23, 2013

I Will "Stand My Ground"


When I see the ignorance of the people using Trayvon Martin for gain, it saddens my heart. 
They don't even have a clue what they are protesting.


In Raleigh Sunday, they were calling for an end to "Stand Your Ground".  The law that allows ME to defend myself!  I'm sorry but I've worked hard for things I have.  Dang it, I'm going to protect it.  And my family and at all costs.

Here's an explanation of NC's "Stand Your Ground" law:

In North Carolina, if the lawful occupant of a home, car or workplace holds a reasonable fear of imminent death or serious bodily harm to themself or another, they can use deadly defensive force only if the person, against whom the deadly force is used has unlawfully or forcibly entering the home, car, or workplace, or has already unlawfully and forcibly entered the home, car, or workplace, or has removed or is attempting to remove another person against their will from the home, car, or workplace. This deadly defensive force cannot be used against a law enforcement officer or bail bondsman who is lawfully acting in his/her official duties and have identified himself/herself as such.


http://www.merrittwebb.com/north-carolina-stand-your-ground-law/

The article with the explanation makes note that in Zimmerman's case none of the conditions above applied.  He wasn't in his home, car or workplace.  So "Stand Your Ground" has nothing to do with "Justice for Trayvon".   

According to WRAL, the good old Rev William Barber said the following at the protest:


"We've got 'Stand Your Ground' laws here in North Carolina, and we've got to repeal 'Stand Your Ground' in North Carolina," Barber said. "Not only do we have to repeal the law, we've got to pass anti-racial profiling laws right here in North Carolina."

Full text of law is here:  NC's Stand Your Ground

I'm not sure where "Stand Your Ground"  is racial profiling.  I look at the papers every day and see white thugs right along with black ones.  On the FBI's Crime Data website, the following stat is listed: "In 2011, 69.2 percent of all persons arrested were white, 28.4 percent were black, and the remaining 2.4 percent were of other races."  (http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/persons-arrested/persons-arrested)

The Rev is delusional. 
So why exactly, Rev, does this need to be repealed? So thugs can come into my house and I do nothing? I don't think so. So that thugs can hijack my car and I do nothing? I don't think so. So thugs can hurt my family and I can't defend them? I don't think so.


Come mess with my family or me and dear Mr. Thug, you'll regret it.  There I've said it.   Trust me, I won't ask what Mr. or Ms. Thug's pedigree is or what candy he/she has in their pockets. There is one thing worth going to jail for.  Hurting my family tops the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome as long as they are civil and on the topic.