Friday, August 1, 2014

Can you See Clearly Now??

 
 
Ahhh, I don't know about you but I just can't help but sing these lyrics when the song is played on the radio (youtube follows):

"I Can See Clearly Now"
By Jimmy Cliff

I can see clearly now the rain is gone.
I can see all obstacles in my way.
Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind.
It's gonna be a bright (bright)
bright (bright) sunshiny day.
It's gonna be a bright (bright)
bright (bright) sunshiny day.

Oh, yes I can make it now the pain is gone.
All of the bad feelings have disappeared.
Here is that rainbow I've been praying for.
It's gonna be a bright (bright)
bright (bright) sunshiny day.

(ooh...) Look all around, there's nothing but blue skies.
Look straight ahead, there's nothing but blue skies.

I can see clearly now the rain is gone.
I can see all obstacles in my way.
Here is that rainbow I've been praying for.
It's gonna be a bright (bright)
bright (bright) sunshiny day.
It's gonna be a bright (bright)
bright (bright) sunshiny day.
It's going to be a bright (bright)
bright (bright) sunshiny day.
Yeah, hey, it's gonna be a bright (bright) bright (bright)
sunshiny day.
 
 
 
 
Now what does that have to do with blogging?  A lot.  I just received the info below  in an email.  And yes, I can see clearly now that the Republicans on Jones Street (NC Legislature)  are giving the Democrats and RINOs another pot of gold to raid.  Who wants to bet me?
 
From Dan Forest, www.danforest.com
 


Soon, the North Carolina General Assembly will vote on a history-making budget agreement which provides the largest teacher pay raise in North Carolina history and creates the North Carolina Education Endowment.
In the agreement, North Carolina’s teachers will receive an average seven percent (7%) increase in their salaries. The budget makes good on the promise made by Governor McCrory, Lieutenant Governor Dan Forest, Speaker Thom Tillis, and Senate President Pro Tem Phil Berger in February to raise starting teacher pay by 14% over the next two years--all while increasing veteran teacher pay. The agreement further preserves teacher assistant positions as they currently exist.
Importantly, the budget agreement includes the creation of the North Carolina Education Endowment, which was first proposed by Lieutenant Governor Dan Forest along with Senator Jerry Tillman earlier this year. The Endowment will allow corporations and individuals to make contributions toward increasing teacher pay, either by a direct donation or through their state tax forms. The bill additionally creates a special “I Support Teachers” license plate, the proceeds from which will be deposited into the Endowment.
licenseplate.png
The budget also provides raises for state employees, with most employees receiving a $1,000 raise to their annual salary and receiving five bonus vacation days. Other employees will have their pay increased either through a step increase or by other means.
“I applaud the General Assembly for coming together and fashioning a history-making budget,” Lieutenant Governor Dan Forest explained. “Over the past 18 months, I have traveled all around North Carolina talking about the importance of increasing teacher compensation—with an emphasis on retaining high quality teachers to instruct our students. This budget is an excellent first step in meeting that goal.”

For questions and media inquiries, please email Kami Mueller at kami@danforest.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome as long as they are civil and on the topic.