Sunday, January 17, 2021

Teach Them!!


Right now I wish so badly the world looked like I used to see it when I played on Paula Mobley’s swing set or with Greta Shepherd’s (Manning now) Zippy.  Can I find the excitement I felt when it was Homecoming Sunday and I was next in line for Miss Bessie Nicholson’s Brunswick Stew? Or when I heard Mama singing hymns  in the kitchen while fixing Sunday dinner (lunch)? Dinner now was Supper then.  


Our kids now are forced to grow up too fast.  They are missing out sitting in the grass with Uncle Willie B right after he split open a watermelon.  Missing out on riding bikes safely all over town until “Supper time”.  Missing out on learning the real history of America whose heroes gave up everything so we could be free!  They were not evil as some now try to make our kids believe!  Missing out on being taught you must know your history SO WE DON’T repeat the bad!  Missing out on Bugs Bunny evading Elmer Fudd every darn time!  Smart rabbit.   Even cartoons have an agenda these days.  Simply missing out on being a kid!


I applaud every parent who can shield their kids from the crap going on today.  Teach them the world was not created to be this way.  Teach them how to look in the mirror and start with that person if they want to change the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome as long as they are civil and on the topic.