Sunday, February 6, 2011

We got FLOCKED!


Ha ha ha!


I get up Sunday morning about 2:30 am and look out my window as I always do. Deer find my front yard from time to time. But what I found were several pink and blue colored flamingos in my yard.  See the pic.

I could swear they were moving. But it was a bit early for coffee and I didn't have my glasses on. I didn't think anything of it until I got up and found metal sticks in my yard but no birds! Being who I am and knowing the amount of people I upset, I was startled.


The  Birds

When hubby woke up, I told him that “strange happenings” were occurring. And I was concerned. But then my daughter proceeded to tell me she caught some kids planting them in our yard. Huh? And then I found it, the note that said “You’ve been Flocked.”

Then I googled flamingos and up came the Sanford Herald's article:


For some reason I missed reading the Herald that day. But what a cool idea! Yea, it’s a cool one now that I know I’m not being stalked! Ha.

And to the responsible party, well, you know what they say about payback! In case you don’t, just google it. I can hardly wait.

Seriously folks, you have to laugh at yourself sometimes and this was a good one.  And so is the new Rod Stewart video, TSA Sexy, on the right hand side.  Whew!

But that’s not what my column is about today. I need your help. I need your input on a serious matter that is dear to my heart. It’s dear to my heart because it involves the military. Let me state it right now that no one in my family is currently in the military. My father-in-law served in the Air Force.

For some time now, I have had a heavy heart about our men and women who put their lives on the line for us. It seems the liberals have it out for them. They think nothing of “misplacing” their absentee votes. They think nothing of conveniently forgetting to send out absentee ballots for them to fill out. And the entire system is set up to do nothing but “disenfranchise” them.

So I can’t stand it anymore. And I am determine to get the ball rolling on finding a better solution. These people DIE, yes DIE, for us. They die for you, whether you are black, white, young, old, liberal, or conservative. They will die fighting for their country and not even blink an eye. They are the reason I can sit here and write these words.

That being said, please help us. Dean and I have contacted Senator Burr’s office and will be traveling to DC soon to discuss what legislation we can get pushed through to stop the assault on their rights to have their votes counted. But we have to have a game plan.

We will schedule time with Renee Elmers as well, because legislation gets written in the House. So we want to do the right thing.

As I stated, we have a couple of ideas. There are options:

1)Put voting machines on the installations abroad.
2)Institute internet voting.

After all, I would trust our military to be honorable and faithful in executing it. Wouldn’t you?

But I want to hear from you. What ideas do you have? And would you be willing to write letters to Renee and Burr supporting our efforts?

I mean, are you willing to die for your country like our men and women in uniform are?
You can do your part by supporting our effort.

Let me know.  Write me at:

I can’t wait to hear from you.

Sheila

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Army Times reports:

Tea party favorite Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-Minn., has unveiled a plan for cutting $400 billion in federal spending that includes freezing Veterans Affairs Department health care spending and cutting veterans' disability benefits.

Her proposed VA budget cuts would account for $4.5 billion of the savings included in the plan, posted on her official House of Representatives website.



Do us a favor and ask them both how they feel about the above article as quoted by Army Times, apparently lots of politicians support veterans in the primary but once elected quickly turn their backs on them.

Sheila Barber said...

I will. But it will mean more if you write a letter.

I plan on hand delivering quite a few sealed letters to Congress.

Why not yours?

Sheila

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome as long as they are civil and on the topic.