Monday, December 12, 2011

Merry Christmas!

Luke 2:12:  And this will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in swaddling cloths and lying in a manger.”

Merry Christmas!

Hello friends!  I love this time of year.  I woke up this morning around 4:30 am and made some hot chocolate.  Sat in my recliner and just looked at my Christmas tree.  What a beautiful tree.  It's full of my favorite ornaments:  Barbie, Tom and Jerry, Frosty, Rudolph, Lion King, and of course, some homemade ones my kids made in elementary school.  I wish they had made them through high school. 

And one special one is a replica of my grandson's hand.  Made for me by Nana.
I suspect somewhere under that tree there is another ornament among all those presents.  I get one every year for Christmas and hope that never stops.  No one better ever come to me and say we need a smaller tree.  No, in reality, we need a bigger one.  But that's the one argument not worth having.  Now all I need is snow.

It's been a good year for the Barber family.  I know some of you have lost jobs, family members, and other precious things.  I count my blessings and pray that we gain smart individuals in the next election that know how to reduce regulation, make smart business decisions (not academic ones) and get out of our back pocket.   The smartest one that will jumpstart the economy right now is repeal, repeal, repeal ObamaCare!

Every time I hear little feet in the morning, or get a request for a Mickey Mouse pancake, I know  I am so blessed.

When I wake up Monday - Friday, I have job to go to.  Sometimes it bleeds into the weekend and wee hours of the morning, but it's my job.  And I am so blessed.

When my hubby leaves work, I get a call about dinner.  Everyday.  I barely cook anymore.    I am so blessed.  He cooks far better than me anyway.
So as we close up the "Fresh Brewed Conservatism" shop for the year and take a much needed break I want to leave you with some observations:

1) If Dems Praise you...You ain't Conservative!

Good grief. When you have Dems praising your actions, calling you stellar, a champion for the little guy, whatever, sir or madam, you're not a conservative. Will someone please call Doc Oldham and tell him to just switch sides? The man hasn't met a tax increase nor  incentivethat he doesn't like.   The RINO gets high accolades from one of the most liberal commissioners - "we will ram tax increases down your throat" Richard Hayes. 

  "What a guy" he says about Doc for standing up against the "evil Republicans".  
And while Mr. Hayes believes people want Democrats back in power, he fails to note our memories are not too short.  We remember.  His party has done enough damage to our country.   Keep on reading....




2) Dems refuse to give the whole story...
Dear dear Ty Stumpf writes today (it's on the Herald's website) that in the end the voters just want a Democrat.  Yea, the ones who vote themselves a paycheck sure do, Ty!  But what he fails to note is that Walter McNeil defeated Ed Page not because the voters just wanted a democrat. 
 He defeated Ed due to demographics.  Statistics show that majority of blacks vote  Democratic.  Numbers don't lie Ty.  People do.  And I'm not being racist by stating so. It's a fact.
And don't get so cocky, Ty (Lee County Democratic chairman). Ummm, 2010?  Did you forget that "off year" election?  Jim beat Barney Fife.   Linda beat biden-lite Womble who said "What does illegal immigration have to do with Lee County?"   Ellmers beat "Who are you" Bobby Etheridge.  And we turned over the NC House and Senate to Republicans! 
And the US House to boot!
Ty - the party you represent would make my daddy throw up and he was a lifelong Democrat.  Thank God I didn't follow suit.
3) Citizens who won't do their homework:  My take on this?  You get what you deserve.  Yep, I said it.  Vote Democrat and vote your liberties and freedom away.  Vote Democrat and watch your jobs disappear.  They hate capitalism.  They want Peter to pay for Paul.  And when he refuses, he's a racist! 

Numbers, again, don't lie.  President Bush never had unemployment go this high and stay this way this long under him.  I miss him.  I bet some of you do too.

To you Obama lovers:  How's that hope and change working out for you?
4) Tim Tebow:  Something is happening.  While eating dinner tonight, we listened to the ESPN commentators describe how stunned  they are at Tebow's comeback miracles.  Basically, they say they can't explain it.  What I believe they wanted to say, but felt like they couldn't was the obvious, God's touch is on Tim.  First they mock him for his faith.  Now they praise him.  Tim is Tim.  The same guy that he always has been.  The NFL is full of thugs.  It's obvious Tim isn't a thug. 
Why don't we all act like that?  What are we afraid of?  Being mocked?  Yea. We are.

5) Now, what do I want for Christmas? 

I want my kids happy.  I want them to find someone who will love them, take care of them as a wife or husband should, and to be prosperous. 

I want Kayne to believe in Santa and to keep that childhood spirit forever.

I want a President that loves America.  
Not one who calls me a terrorist and then dines with our enemies. 

I want a President that realizes he doesn't just represent the Occupiers.  Who by the way, are not 99% of us.  They are only a small faction - just like those who demanded ObamaCare.  The heart of America works.  It doesn't protest "the true American way".

I want a Congress that isn't afraid to be men and women.  Say what you mean and mean what you say.  Or be fired.

I want the mainstream media to come to terms with their lies and deceit.  I know it will snow in Hell before that happens.  I can still wish.

I wish that others understood like I do that we have the most awesome military.  And the men and women who serve, have served, and have died for us deserve the very best.

And I not only wish, but hope you and your families have a
very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

We will be back, January 10, 2011, rested, refresh, and loaded with ideas and commentary to send Obama and his puppets packing!

Oh if you're listening Santa.  diamond earrings in my stocking would make me so happy!

Ho, Ho, Ho, Merry Christmas!

Sheila
Editor

1 comment:

Sheila said...

I got diamonds!

sheila

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome as long as they are civil and on the topic.