Wednesday, May 9, 2012

LEED & CLARK Expedition Fails!

"We've practiced... We have a plan... And now it's game day."
Movie line from "We Are Marshall"

What a night!   Rush says every time conservatism is on the ballot it wins.  Yes it does.  Sure we had a couple of BOE candidates we are disappointed that won due to the "ads" but 5 of our true conservatives prevailed!  And two of them will be on the Board of Education. 

And let's note:  An incumbent bent on being rude to this girl and not living by the standards he promoted and campaigned on (Courtesy, Complete Honesty, Cooperative)  will not be the ballot come November.  Guess siding with the left doesn't pay all that well when you say you are a Republican.  Huh, Doc?  Voting records DO NOT LIE.  When voters are challenged to know the candidates, know the issues, and vote their heart, the failed policies that once ruled the day lose.  Thank God! 

And with victory comes vindication for the Womack family.  Wonder how those LEEDers feel now? Mad I suppose.   Negative campaigning, attack ads on a Commissioner  who isn't even running, and candidates without any (changing) GUTS  to stand up to the real bullies and do what is right for the taxpayers, etc. You bet I'm talking about the current BOE chairman in particular.  He never saw a thing our fearless Super did or asked for as being wrong or too much.    Misusing 3rd graders and suspending kids who bring paring knives to school (they are allowed per the handbook), negative national attention to our county, etc, etc, etc.  Folks this is what we've been dealing with.  And it stinks!  Mr. Williams lost!


Let's talk about the LEED & CLARK expedition.  Kinda catchy, isn't it?  Lewis & Clark, LEED & Clark.  Get the pun?  Of course you do. 




Even my frienemies (enemy who is a friend) who read this blog will.  One in particular, Randall Yow - will get it.   He is my best frienemy.  But he has a brain.  And he uses it.  And he is respectful.  What you see today you'll get tomorrow. I might not agree with him on alot...but you can have a decent dialog with him.  Unlike the guy in the yellow shirt today who apparently wasn't capable of being on the same school ground with me.  Call an Ace an Ace and see what happens! But what the heck would this guy do in Washington?  He would fold in a second with the least bit of pressure.  If you can't stand the opposition in politics, you better not run. Because somebody, somewhere doesn't like what you do!  It's politics, for goodness sake!

Oh Randall...I must admit this and you should be honored.  I had decided should the Incumbent had won tonight I was not voting straight Republican in November and would have written your name in on the ballot instead of voting for him.  Ok, nobody write me back shocked.  Like I said, with Randall, you get what you see.  Sure would have been interesting to see him and Kirk at the table across from each other.  Now that would fill the chambers down on Hillcrest Street!  Ms. Shook would be using her gavel so much we could record music with it!  LOL!

Back to the LEED & CLARK expedition:

Dirty politics.  Character assassination.  Defense, no offense.  Duping citizens to thinking they are endorsing a certain candidate and not the actual attack ad.  (More to come on this.) Threats to bring this blogger down if I ran.  Hateful commenting on the Herald's website about this conservative blogger, etc. Comparing me and the conservatives in Lee County to murderers...yes this is true!  The other blogger stands up at Monday's BOC meeting and made reference to Timothy McVeigh in describing us.  Interesting that the very same reference is in commenting on the Herald's website.  Now people, McVeigh murdered innocent citizens.  If you think for one moment that's what me, Commissioner Womack and other conservatives here want, you're out of your mind.  The only thing that will change it is...actually nothing will but the grace and mercy of God. 

Below are the LEED ads they ran every day.  Want to know where they got the one on the left from?  I can tell you.  The context is derived from an email on "the" CD that the county manager's office just carelessly handed over to Mr. Clark without due diligence.  It's the same CD Mr. Clark waved wildly at the BOC meeting where I protested and demanded my own copy for the same cost he got it - free.  The same CD Mr. Clark proclaimed on that night that no one had anything to worry about.  Bull Crap.  Clark thought he had the golden ticket for a trip to paradise.  Silly Rabbit, "Trix" are for kids, not politics!

LEED ad and the "Community ad:




And here is the one that ran Saturday, Sunday and Tuesday:
Which one sounds positive?  Which one has the initiative to find solutions for our county?  Yea, I thought some of you might say that:  Ours.  The one that tells you to Know the difference between LEEDership (money and good old boys) and REAL LEADership - faith, country, God, and hard work. 

I've got to get to bed.  It's 3 am and I haven't stopped smiling about the fact that conservatism won.  It just shows you our citizens are not stupid.  And they , like me, desire honesty and fair play.   

But the story doesn't end here.  It's only halftime America and Lee County.  First half was rough.  Some of us have been beat up and bruised. But the scoreboard is in our favor.  And the rest at halftime will do us good.  Our fearless coach and his team, the Womack Pac, had the game plan to defeat our opponents coached by LEED & CLARK.  That plan included being true to yourself, family, country and proudly having faith in something higher and more powerful than a bunch of boys and girls sitting in a bar!  They showed me what perseverance and forwarding thinking could do.

Halftime score:  LEED & CLARK: 2, the GOP 5. Let me repeat:  LEED & CLARK: 2, GOP 5. We still have more and spent a lot less money. Yes!

So cheers to our team.  We have the momentum to finish the game.  And we have the offense to get the job done.  Goodnight!

3 comments:

Cooleemee Edd said...

Amen, sister! Preach it!

The video really made my morning. Thank you.

Randall Lee Yow said...

Mrs Barber,

I think the lesson from the election is stay positive. I think LEED would have been better served running radio ads (I really think the Herald does not have the bang for the buck) that were for "Doc" Oldham. Of course no one asked me. If you look to the School Board you will also see that the two candidates that I felt went the most negative also came in the last to spots. But again just my opinion.

I am honored you would consider writing in my name. I always try to use facts to back up the arguments I make, and I do not simply disagree with something just because someone from the opposing side has the idea. I do know that if I ever run for political office again that some of you Republicans and Conservatives will at least consider voting for me; After all it would at least give you someone to complain about:)

-Randall Lee Yow

P.S. If Kirk and I were both on the BOC at the same time we could make it a pay-per-view and use the money to lower taxes. Now that's thinking outside the box.

Sheila said...

Hey! I have been wondering when you would see that.

I meant it Randall...What you see is what you get, in my eyes. no matter what side of the fence you are on, my sense is the American people want politicians who stay true to their word. Someone who is "disenchanted" with his party either needs to be gone or think about switching... Especially someone who votes the opposite all the time from the very platform he ran on to get into office.

it's happening on the national level! We need more purging!

That being said, the pay per view idea is fantastic!

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome as long as they are civil and on the topic.