Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Time to Define "Courteous"!

Need to check to see if a certain commissioner who is running for re-election, is beside courteous in the dictionary. Hang on, I'll check.  

Freedictionary.com: courteous - characterized by courtesy and gracious good manners; "if a man be gracious and courteous to strangers it shows he is a citizen of the world"
-Francis Bacon

I'm sorry I didn't see Doc Oldham's picture out there. 

Well you be the judge.  I'm out at a polling place this morning and up comes Doc.  Yea, I get a bit of "what do I do"?  Mr. Oldham proceeds to shake the hands of everybody else around him except me.  Surely Mr. Oldham knows who I am!  I've appeared many times in front of him at the BOC meetings.  Fine. What do I do?  What I do is go up and take his hand and say, "Mr. Oldham, I sure do wish you had come talk to our ladies.  They deserve both sides of the story.  Please remember that next time."
Ok.  NOT!  This most courteous  individual turns and says, "I do not want to be in your presence. I'm leaving."  And I reply, "No Mr. Oldham, I'm a lady. I'll leave."  And he replies, "Good. I'll stay then."  And prances inside of the school where people are voting.  This was witnessed.
Twice I invited him to our Republican meetings.  Twice he refused to reply - not even to respectfully decline.  He thought our votes didn't matter.  Well knowing who is backing him, I can see that.  Still don't have to be so rude.  Some have hacked at me saying I should know better.  No folks, he should know better.  He should know every vote counts.  And he should know what the true meaning of being courteous is.  He should act it if he says it.

I wonder if Ms. Candy Cole or Ms. Bobbi Stewart would think that is a good example of Christianity?  After all they and many others have attacked my faith. 

I think it's time to mend fences.  Mr. Oldham and the LEED crowd don't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome as long as they are civil and on the topic.