And we do our best to speak the truth and make the obscene the obvious.
But we wouldn't be here without you...our friends, family and even what we call our "frenemies". Thank you all.
We hope you have a wonderful Christmas, happy holiday season and an awesome 2013. We will be back the 2nd week of January...rested and ready to go fight for our country!
I will end by reprinting my letter to Santa that was published in the Sanford Herald on Saturday. May all your dreams come true!
Calling on Santa
Dec. 22, 2012 @ 05:00 AM
—To the Editor:
It’s been a hard year for a lot of Americans. The Barbers have been blessed. We didn’t lose our jobs, but there are plenty of mommies and daddies who did and are hurting in more ways than one. Some are heartbroken beyond measure. Some are missing their loved ones that are serving our country. Some just want to feed their families and can’t. Please, dear Santa, help them believe.
Santa, it breaks my heart, but America has turned onto a path that isn’t pretty. Many Americans, who are not the ones I mentioned above, are championing the government to take from one and give to another. My mama told me that was stealing. We have let our leaders get by with legal theft.
Mama also told me when I give to others cheerfully, I would reap blessings beyond measure. Why can’t Congress understand that?
Santa, the president is playing class warfare with our lives. He tells the poor that those like me are the reason they live in poverty. That’s just not true. You see, I choose to believe every part of this statement: “We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal, that they are endowed, by their Creator, with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.”
I understand I am not guaranteed happiness. I am guaranteed the right to pursue it. Why can’t others see that, Santa? And I chose to get out of the poverty I grew up in. I didn’t let it define me.
Santa, I know you’re busy. So here’s my wish list:
* Give vision and hope to those who are desperately trying to survive. Please fill up their stockings and leave plenty under the tree.
* Tell those trying to destroy my America to stop. Socialism never works.
* Give Congress iPads so they can research and understand that no country ever has taxed itself to prosperity.
* Give peace to those families that lost loved ones in the Benghazi tragedy while the State Department watched and did nothing.
* Last but not least, bless those that protect us. Bring them all their wishes. Better yet, bring them home.