Thursday, March 27, 2014

Another Reason to Not Like Mitch McConnell!

 
Yep, no doubt about it .... I'm a Duke fan.   I'm looking at a poster above this computer that is signed by the 2004-05 team....David McClure, JJ Redick, Daniel Ewing, etc.   It's awesome. I probably bleed Duke blue.  


If you're a true basketball fan, then you know what I mean when I say "The Shot".  That's the half-court shot Christian Laettner took to beat Kentucky in the semi-finals in 1991.  It's a classic.  It's the best play ever in NCAA basketball to me.  I know..State fans will argue that 1983 team had the best.  Ok it's close but Duke's is better.

What does any of this have to do with Mitch McConnell?  He's a Senator from Kentucky.  Let me say this classic line...

 
UK is two letters short of greatness:  DUKE!
  
Bet I get some hate mail on that one!
 
 Anyway, good old Mitch's campaign made a major screw-up.  And here it is...just another reason I don't like him.  :)
 
 
Getting Your Blues Mixed Up Is A Bad Idea In Kentucky Politics
 
And Involving Christian Laettner's Shot? Oh, Man...
 
The Mitch McConnell (R-Ky) campaign made a classic stupid mistake Tuesday, using footage of Duke celebrating after Christian Laettner's immortal shot to beat the Wildcats in 1991.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome as long as they are civil and on the topic.