Wednesday, February 1, 2017

You and I: We Are Worth Saving



Luke 12:2:  "And the very hairs on your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows." (NLT)





Anybody remember JWC?  Keep reading anyway if you don't know what that was. I wish so badly for those times to be again. Looking at the world through a child's eyes is mesmerizing.  It's incredible.  It's humbling. And it is heartbreaking at times too. 
 
Reba's song, "Back To God",  hits the nail on the head.   I don't care who you are, what you believe and do not want to believe.  No one, absolutely no one but God and His Son can give you happiness, freedom, and purpose. No one can make sense of the nonsense and give you peace no matter what.

If your hope is in man, then you'll never be happy.  No job, CEO, or President is perfect. I've tried both.  Man and God.  Guess who always shows up in perfect timing? 

I took recyclables to the container last night.  First time in a very long time I had been out after dark.  I heard a noise and stopped. Looked up and there in the sky painted so beautifully and peacefully FOR ME were the constellations Big Dipper and Little Dipper.  My heart said "Thank you Daddy.  I needed a gentle reminder that above all you are in control." 

Those who use to be in JWC - sit for awhile and think about what we did.  How precious were the moments we took GOD and made him "Daddy"?  Same God.  Then and now.  I urge you to look at the very one that formed you before you were born.  That knows every hair on  your head. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome as long as they are civil and on the topic.