Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Another "See I Told You So"!

Somebody tell me why the liberals get so upset with me about my Christian beliefs.  They seriously didn't like  my previous post,  "What Does a D Beside Their Name  Mean"?  

 Don't they worship a king?  They worship Obama.  They act as if he is their Savior.  And now we really know that after Michelle made it loud and clear:


Michelle Obama: 'This President Has Brought Us Out of the Dark and Into the Light'

Michelle Obama made a remarkable claim when talking up her husband, President Barack Obama, at a campaign event earlier today in Nashville, Tennessee.

Barack & Michelle Obama at Washington DC public charter school 2-3-09 1
"I am so in," Michelle Obama said toward the end of her remarks. "I am going to be working so hard. We have an amazing story to tell. This president has brought us out of the dark and into the light."

The crowd of nearly 450 folks applauded as the first lady likened her husband to a Jesus-like figure.
In the book of Matthew, we read, "the people dwelling in darkness have seen a great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up." (Matthew 4:16) The phrase is used to describe the words Jesus preached.

In Micah, light, however, is a reference to God's words. "Rejoice not over me, O my enemy; when I fall, I shall rise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD will be a light to me," it says in Micah 7:8.

Either way, in religious terms, light is used to denote the true path, presented either by God or a savior. Or by Barack Obama.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So any reference to darkness and light is a comparison to Jesus Christ? That's a real stretch.

Anonymous said...

Article Six, Paragraph 3 of the US Constitution:

"All executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States."

i'm not nearly as smart nor do i have the foresight of our founding fathers, it is however interesting to note they felt so strongly about relegion as to ensure it was kept out of our political system.

Sheila Barber said...

Hey "A": Make yourself clearer. What are you writing about? Is it separation of church and state or that Michelle sees Jesus in her hubby?

I mean, after all, people faint when he comes in the room.

So just do us all a favor and be a bit more specific.

Thanks.

Dale Marks said...

"We just like saying his name. We are considering taking it as a mantra"
Chicago Sun Times

"He communicates GOD like energy"
Steve Davis

"Not just an ordinary being,but indeed an advanced soul"
Chicago Sun Times

"This is bigger than Kennedy...this is new testament"
Chris Matthews

"We're here to evolve to a higher plane...he is an evolved leader"
Oprah Winfrey

"I would characterize the senate race as being a race where Obama was,lets say,blessed and highly favored"

"Obama's speeches do not excite.they do not inform. They dont even really inspire. They elevate......He is not the word made flesh, but the triumph of word over flesh"

"I'll do whatever he says to do. I will collect paper cups off the ground to make his pathway clear"
Halle Berry

Maybe not directly equating Obama to God, but something strange is going on with this fellow.

I notice that they have taken down the Obama Is God picture from his website.

What I find the most troubling about this though, is the reluctance to distance one's self from these type comments.

I mean really, would any other person feel comfortable being compared with THE ALMIGHTY?

Randall Lee Yow said...

Well people fainted when Elvis walked into the room too. People can be overcome when confronted by a superstar.

Randall Lee Yow

Randall Lee Yow said...

Oh yeah, because Republicans would never build a cult of personality around anyone. (cough) Ronald Reagan anybody?

-Randall Lee Yow

Dale Marks said...

Seems like something different here Randall. I loved Reagan, even as a young teenager he struck a cord with me. I consider him one of the greatest presidents of the 20th century. (As a foot note my father hated him, called him " that actor".)

But I never heard any of the language that Obama is receiving used about him.I know that he would have been the first to have come out against being compared as a god figure.

Respect, and admiration are one thing. Worship is something entirely different.

Linda said...

People are fooled these days. People worship people, things out of ignorance. Some people need a crutch to lean on and they have theirs, Obama. I said it once and I will say it again, you can't fix stupid. And when you are stupid, you are blind and will follow whoever convinces you to follow them. Should I feel sorry for those people, nahhhhhhhhhhhh, let them remain stupid. I thank God he gave me wisdom. Wolf in sheep clothing.

Linda Creech

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome as long as they are civil and on the topic.